LOCK: Titans win classic vs. Bluejays, 30-29...
By Robert Przybylo
Alright, Bluejay fans, give me your best shot
Cannot wait for this game.
No. 2 Guthrie (5-1, 3-0) at No. 3 Carl Albert (5-1, 3-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jim Harris Stadium, CA (I’ll be there)
TV: Cox 3
Oh boy, here is where my pride is going to lead to my downfall. I really don’t want to lock this game, but it’s kinda been my tradition to LOCK Carl Albert and Guthrie.
It stems back to 2007 when I locked the Bluejays over the Titans. I just felt that Kye Staley was that rare kind of athlete that could do special things. It’s a dang shame that Staley’s legs didn’t cooperate with his skill and heart at Oklahoma State.
Anyway, Guthrie won that game. In fact, it was that game that began my whole tradition of viewing LOCKs as one of the best games out there but still making a definitive selection.
This week? Uhhh, well, I’m going with Carl Albert in an instant classic. And it won’t be a classic just because I’m there. This has all the combustible elements to be something truly memorable.
Who’s going to make the big play? Taylor Hawkins? Kenton Whittington? Darvonta Knight? Dwight Dobbins? Quincy Johnson? I don’t know, but somebody will.
The Bluejays are going to be incredibly pumped up, especially after last season. Bryan Dutton is much improved (obviously) from last year. And you know Kentrell Brothers is stoked and will wanna make a big impression on this type of stage.
In the end, I guess I’m gonna see another classic Gary Rose gamble come through. Rose isn’t afraid of putting complete trust in his boys to get the job done.
In 2006, it was Joe Stoner who got the call on a 4th-and-1 and converted. This year, behind that incredible offensive line, Whittington picks it up…and the huge win.
The pick: Carl Albert 30, Guthrie 29
LOCK record: 6-0 (Guthrie over Duncan, Heritage Hall over Clinton, Purcell over Lexington, Midwest City over Yukon, Jones over Morris, Norman over Southmoore).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients