Westmoore: Trevor Thompson has steadied ship...
By Justin Hite
Westmoore quarterback Lionard Fombe was in full pads and practicing at full speed Monday. He hasn’t played since the Jaguars’ Week 2 loss to Southmoore, but he may have lost more than a chunk of his senior season.
Then again, when you back-up shows the growth that Trevor Thompson has shown in the last four weeks, there’s not much you can do. Fombe and Thompson were splitting time when Fombe was injured late in the loss.
“Trevor is doing great things taking care of the ball and he’s thrown it really well at times,” Westmoore coach Billy Langford said.
Thompson hasn’t been asked to win games for the Jaguars, but has done what he’s been asked. Thompson hasn’t turned the ball over much in the last few weeks and when Westmoore was set up for a big play last week against Del City, Thompson made the right read and delivered.
“He’s earned the right to be the starter and be the guy and earn most of the playing time,” Langford said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients