Casady vs. Houston St. Johns Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Casady (3-4) at Houston St. Johns (6-1)
When: 7 p.m. Friday
Casady (L – FWAll Saints; L – Heritage; W – OCS; L- Kinkaid; W – Cistercian; W – Greenhill; L – St. Marks)
Why the Cyclones can win: Because they’re angry about last week. Casady let a very winnable game slip through its fingers and now must go on the road against a very good St. Johns team that hasn’t lost at home yet this season.
Houston St. Johns
Why HSJ can win: Because they’re supposed to. If this team has any hopes of staying alive for an SPC championship, this is a must-win. Most impressive stat on this team is that through seven games, St. Johns is giving up less than 13 points per game.
Key matchup: Casady’s mental state. I don’t think this team is just going to rollover and quit. Well, in fact, I know they won’t quit. But what will happen if St. Johns gets off to a great early start? Will the Cyclones be able to respond?
The pick: St. Johns 32, Casady 14. Even if Casady had won last week, this is a pretty big hill to climb. Cyclones find footing in second half, but it’s a little too late.
Boneman’s Casady prediction record: 5-2.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients