Game preview: Douglass at McLoud
Douglass (4-2, 3-0) at McLoud (0-6, 0-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: McLoud High School
Last week: Douglass powered past Cushing, 55-6. Despite its best offensive output of the season, McLoud lost to Cleveland, 54-34.
Why the Trojans could win: Reason No. 1, Aliston Cobb, who I wrote about earlier this week. He’s a powerful running back, and Diontay Washington is a dangerous backup. With its daunting run game and improving passing attack, the Trojans should be going strong when they meet up with currently unbeaten Harrah in Week 8.
Why the Redskins could win: It’s a tough task, but Eric Cardin’s kids are young. They’re growing up, and you never know when things might come together. Still, this team doesn’t appear ready to pull this kind of upset.
Key matchup: Douglass run game vs. McLoud defensive front. If the ‘Skins can’t stop Cobb and Washington, they can’t beat the Trojans.
The pick: Douglass 45, McLoud 14.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5156Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4651'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients