Game preview: PC at Mustang
Putnam City (5-1, 2-1) at Mustang (4-2, 2-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Bronco Stadium, Mustang
Last week: The Pirates bounced back from their first loss with a 37-22 win over Edmond North. Mustang defeated Edmond Santa Fe 39-10.
Why the Pirates could win: This team is playing with an amazing amount of confidence this season, and if it wasn’t for a bad fourth quarter against Del City, they’d be undefeated. Casey Curtis is establishing himself as another stout running back in the loaded junior class and the defense has shown its ability to make big plays when it has to have them.
Why the Broncos could win: In the same way PC is playing with confidence on offense, Mustang is feeling it in the passing game. Brandon Taylor has been on fire, utilizing all of his receivers, and the offensive line is giving him plenty of time.
Key matchup: Curtis vs. Mustang defense. Curtis is a big-play guy, and if he breaks loose, he’ll give the Pirates the ability to keep up with the high-flying Mustang offense in a shootout. If the Broncos can contain him, they’ll put pressure on the rest of the PC offense.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients