Lawton vs Del City Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Lawton (6-0) at Del City (2-4)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Kalsu Stadium, DC
Why the Wolverines can win: Because they’re slowly getting healthy. Running back Deaquan Wojciechowski needed a week to get better, and the team is adapting to playing without star quarterback Cody Miller. This will be the first big road test without Miller, however.
Del City (L- Midwest City; W- Norman North; L- Norman; L – Edmond North; W – Putnam City; L – Westmoore)
Why the Eagles can win: Because when this team is able to execute, they have some of the most explosive talent in the state. But the problem all year has been turnovers and penalties. A good start is crucial toward a victory here.
Key matchup: Brandon Bartlett vs. Del City defense. Or should I say against the Del City atmosphere. The fans can play a big role in this one in getting the Wolverines frustrated. Cause a couple of turnovers and this game could get interesting.
The pick: Lawton 31, Del City 16. Even if Wolverines struggle a little bit on offense, it’s the defense that is not getting enough attention and should come through here.
Boneman’s Del City prediction record: 1-5 (oy).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients