Moore honor: Noemi Hernandez, Westmoore...
By Justin Hite
This week’s Moore player of the week choice was a tough one. On one hand, there was an athlete accomplishing something she’d never done before. On the other hand, there was an athlete who chose to do something I’d never seen before.
It was tough, but in the end I had to go with Noemi Hernandez of Westmoore.
Hernandez won the individual Mid-State Conference championship while leading the Jaguars to a team title by one point. Westmoore edged Edmond Memorial 47 to 48. It was Westmoore’s fourth-straight conference championship.
Hernandez finished with a time of 11:37, a career-best.
Others in consideration…
Vova Razryvin, Moore football: Razryvin jumped back behind center when starting quarterback Corey Reeves went down with an injury and threw for three touchdowns and 181 yards. He also ran for 82, but Moore still lost to Norman North.
More importantly, when Norman North’s D.J. Hicks was injured and being driven off in an ambulance, it was Razryvin that quickly organized a game-wide prayer at midfield.
“I go church every Sunday and every Wednesday I get a chance to,” Razryvin said. “I saw that hit and it didn’t look good. I just thought, ‘Hey, we can’t do anything but God can.’ And just prayed for him.”
Andrew Long, Southmoore football: In a 56-28 loss to Broken Arrow, Long rushed for three touchdowns and 154 yards against a tough Tigers’ defense. He also caught three passes for 15 yards. Long has been key for the SaberCats as quarterback Kendal Thompson continues to miss games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients