Private schools honor: Cooper Cloud, Heritage Hall...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, you knew with Heritage Hall running back Barry J. Sanders sitting out with an ankle injury that somebody was going to have to join Sterling Shepard and step up.
And as much as I rave (and I do) about the junior class, the senior leadership is also readily apparent with this Chargers club. Heritage needed someone to pick up the slack and senior quarterback Cooper Cloud was more than willing to be the guy in a 42-12 win against John Marshall.
Of course, it helps to have an elusive target like Shepard to throw it to, but Cloud ended the night with four touchdown passes. Three of them went to Shepard while the other went to Cale Courtney.
That may have answered some critics about the lack of balance in the Heritage offense. The offensive line is vastly improved this season, which is making this magical year happen so far.
LaRone Richardson, Bishop McGuinness, Football: It was a down week for the Irish in a loss at Elgin, but Richardson notched two more touchdowns.
Sterling Shepard, Heritage, Football: That’s nine touchdowns in two games. Also three INT returns for scores in the last two games. His stock continues to soar.
Irish volleyball: Gave it a great effort against a dominant Bishop Kelley team in the championship but ultimately lost in four games.
Dylan Murray, Mt. St. Mary’s, Football: Murray scored three touchdowns as the Rockets went down to Cordell.
Irish boys cross country: One of several state teams to make the trek to Arkansas. The Irish, led by Frank Frantz, placed 12th out of 54 teams in Fayetteville.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients