Southmoore: Kendal Thompson questionable...
By Justin Hite
As Southmoore prepares for Jenks this Thursday, the SaberCats do so with a question mark still looming over starting quarterback Kendal Thompson.
Thompson has been out since Week 2, when he suffered a knee sprain against Westmoore. Southmoore coach Chris Jensen said Thompson is still day-to-day.
“It’s nothing I can explain,” Jensen said. “It has not progressed as fast as I’m sure he’s hoped.”
Southmoore (4-3, 1-3) has lost two straight games and three of its last four. The loss of Thompson, who faced Jenks last season in the Class 6A state playoffs, has hurt more than just on the field, Jensen said.
“He is a star on the football field and I don’t think anyone would deny that or argue that,” he said. “He brings so many intangibles other than ability. The team rallies around him and he’s just a strong competitor that when he’s just standing on the sideline it has an effect on your team.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients