Game preview: Douglass at Harrah
Douglass (5-2, 4-0) at Harrah (7-0, 4-0)
When: 7:30 tonight
Where: Harrah High School
Last week: Blowouts all around. Douglass powered past McLoud 48-13 and Harrah rolled past Santa Fe South 48-7.
Why the Trojans could win: After four ho-hum games, the Trojans are likely very excited to get on the field in a top-10 matchup. Since losing the first two games of the season, Douglass has been as dominant as anybody around. Together, Aliston Cobb and Diontay Washington have averaged 11 yards per carry with 23 touchdowns on the season.
Why the Panthers could win: To rip off a line from Lil’ Wayne, confidence is a stain you can’t wipe off. It’s hard to imagine any team more confident than Harrah after exploding onto the scene this season. With a defense that has yet to allow more than 14 points, the Panthers are capable of beating anyone.
Key matchup: Harrah run game vs. Douglass defensive front. The Panthers can move the ball effectively on the ground, and they’ll have to keep that part of the offense going if they’re going to have a shot at the upset. With big, athletic players in the front seven, like Devante McKinney, Ravi Riley, Cayman Bundage and Erik King, the Trojans can fill up running lanes quickly.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients