Moore: Vova Razryvin in familiar position...
By Justin Hite
Three weeks into its new offense, Moore finally made strides with the football. It did so by moving back to its old offensive setup. Not by choice, but because quarterback Corey Reeves injured his ankle and Vova Razryvin was forced to step back in.
Razryvin led the Lions with 250 yards of total offense and three touchdowns passes.
“We were the best we’ve been,” coach Scott Myers said. “That’s what every coach out there is looking for: To get better. We made huge strides.”
The Lions (0-7) were doing exactly the same thing as they have been the entire season, but now Moore is gaining confidence.
“It was the same exact plays that we called the previous 6 weeks, they just happened to get into a grove and click a little bit there,” Myers said.
Moore scored more points than it had in any of the first 6 weeks of the season and nearly outscored its entire output from the four previous weeks.
Razryvin was Moore’s quarterback through the first half of the season, but was moved out of the backfield to give the Lions offense a more dynamic attack. Myers wanted to get Razryvin more involved with the running game — mostly outside on option runs. It was when he moved back to quarterback that he seemed to find the most room.
“We had some things in that we knew we wanted to get Vova more involved,” Myers said. We knew he needed more touches somehow.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients