Del City vs. Santa Fe Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Del City (2-5) at Edmond Santa Fe (1-6)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: UCO’s Wantland Stadium
Del City (L- Midwest City; W – Norman North; L – Norman; L – Edmond North; W – Putnam City; L- Westmoore; L – Lawton)
Why the Eagles can win: Because as inconsistent as this team has been all season, a win here could be the start of something. If Del City can win out and be 4-3 in district, it’s not crazy to think this team can still make the postseason. But the sense of urgency must be there.
Santa Fe (L – Memorial; L – Yukon; L – Midwest City; L – Westmoore; L – Lawton; L – Mustang; W – US Grant)
Why the Wolves can win: Because they’re coming off their first win and get to come home to try to build off the momentum. Brandon Reece played well last week, and the Santa Fe rushing attack and defense played their best game of the season.
Key matchup: Del City running game vs. Santa Fe defense. Del City running back Greg Johnson can turn a game around in one play. Add in Chazten Gonzales, and it’s a lethal running attack.
The pick: Del City 34, Santa Fe 23. Expect both teams to be able to make some big plays on offense, but the Eagles have too much talent.
Boneman’s Del City prediction record: 2-5.
Boneman’s Santa Fe prediction record: 6-1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients