Game preview: Crooked Oak at Millwood
Crooked Oak (5-2, 3-0) at Millwood (7-0, 3-0)
When: 7 tonight
Where: Leodies Robinson Field, Millwood
Last week: Crooked Oak ran its win streak to four straight with a 32-28 win over Perry in a non-district game. Millwood coasted past Christian Heritage 52-12.
Why Crooked Oak could win: The Ruf-Nex were shaky out of the gate, but have been playing strong football of late. They’re a tough team to figure out, but the defense has had some good outings and the offense is averaging 38.8 points per game the last four weeks.
Why Millwood could win: No point in rattling off the full list of stars at this point in the season. But let’s focus on the defense, which got into a shootout with Jones, but otherwise has been stout in district play. With linebackers Larry Seals and Larry Lambeth playing behind Davion Pierson, one of the state’s top defensive tackles, this group has the ability to control the line of scrimmage.
Key matchup: Brandon Swindall vs. anyone in a Crooked Oak jersey. I’m not sure if anyone has tackled this kid in three weeks. Everything Swindall touches seems to turn into a TD. He had four last week — two on picks and two on passes from Kevonte Richardson — and he’s up to 18 total for the season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6426Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5624Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5094Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients