Game preview: Lawton Ike at PC North
Lawton Eisenhower (5-2, 3-1) at Putnam City North (2-5, 1-3)
When: 7 tonight
Where: Putnam City Stadium
Last week: Ike had maybe its most impressive performance of the season in a 35-0 win over Edmond Memorial. PC North mounted a furious rally but fell short in a 42-39 loss to Yukon.
Why the Eagles could win: Running back Louis Durant and quarterback Adrian McDonald form one of the better RB/QB rushing combos around. And the defense is feeling confident after logging its first shutout, even though Edmond Memorial is battling some bad injuries. Still, the Eagles are athletic and talented, and they know there’s a good playoff berth potentially waiting in their future.
Why the Panthers could win: Their backs are truly against the wall now. With a couple of winnable games the final two weeks of the season against Moore and Choctaw, the Panthers need a win now so they can make a run at the playoffs. Yardage-wise, the offense has been sharp the last few weeks. The defense has had some ups and downs during that span, but has still been pretty solid.
Key matchup: PC North offense vs. its turnovers struggles. As I said, the Panthers are moving the ball well lately, but turnovers have been a major killer for them all season. They gave it up four times last week, and if Ike can manage a few takeaways, the Eagles’ chance of victory multiplies quickly.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients