Norman vs. Broken Arrow Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
No. 6 Norman (7-0) at No. 3 Broken Arrow (6-1)
7:30 p.m., tonight, Tiger Memorial Stadium, Broken Arrow
Why bother: Norman overcame one big test against Southmoore, but this is the biggest one the team will have seen so far.
The Tigers have been paced by the production and durability of junior running back Donovan Roberts. He has had no issues carrying the ball 30 times per game and not wearing down.
The defense, led by Greg Offenburger, hasn’t seen the likes of an offense such as Broken Arrow.
With all the talk of quarterback and Oklahoma commit Archie Bradley, Broken Arrow has been able to be extremely successful on the ground. Broken Arrow has been dominant in district play.
The pick: Broken Arrow 42, Norman 27. The start of this game will be crucial. How will Norman adapt to seeing the speed and strength of Broken Arrow?
More thoughts that weren’t fit to print: Can’t stress enough how big I think the first 6-8 minutes of this game are going to be. Norman has to show early that it belongs on the same field as BA.
Broken Arrow has a certain kind of swagger right now and definitely feels it can beat any west side teams. For the record, they’re not wrong right now.
Names that can come up big for Norman: Jaime Myers and George Kittle. Myers is an explosive kickoff returner while Kittle has a penchant for making big plays on defense.
Of course, Norman is going to need a huge game from Donovan Roberts. I think BA is going to try to disrupt and harass QB Zach Long early and get him rattled.
Hate to say this whole game comes down to confidence, but I think it will. I’m 7-0 in picking Broken Arrow games and 5-2 with Norman (winning the last four). Anyone heading to the game, would love constant Twitter updates @BPrzybylo.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients