Bellaire Episcopal vs. Casady Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Bellaire Episcopal (4-4) at Casady (3-5)
When: 7 p.m. Friday
Where: Hoot Gibson Field (I’ll be there)
Why BE can win: Because even though they’re not as good as many Southwest Prep Conference gurus thought they would be, this is still a solid ball club. People were remarking about Kinkaid beating them as a big upset but Kinkaid has ended up being a great team. 4-4 against a tough schedule.
Casady (L – FWAll Saints; L – Heritage Hall; W – OCS; L – Kinkaid; W – Cistercian; W – Greenhill; L – St. Marks; L – St. Johns)
Why the Cyclones can win: Because they’re back home after a rough outing against Houston St. Johns. The last two weeks have not been what Casady was expecting, but Koby Scoville’s kids have a chance to end on a positive note with wins here and next week against Holland Hall.
Key matchup: Bellaire offense vs. Casady defense. The Cyclones defense is going to need to step up and force some turnovers. St. Marks pulled it out late and HSJ put up 52 points. It’s time for the pride of the defense to come through.
The pick: Bellaire Episcopal 33, Casady 20. Cyclones are definitely going to be fired up but won’t have the firepower to get in a shootout with Episcopal.
Boneman’s Casady prediction record: 6-2.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients