Game preview: PC at Westmoore
By Scott Wright and Justin Hite
Putnam City (5-2, 2-2) at Westmoore Jaguars (4-3, 3-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Moore Stadium
Why the Pirates can win: Casey Curtis and the offensive line. This PC run game has been ultra-productive, especially lately with Curtis pounding out three straight 200-yard games. The only team to truly stop Curtis was PC North in Week 1, but the Pirates still did enough to win. Curtis was yanked early in blowout wins over PC West and US Grant, or we might be talking about six straight 200-yard games. With his speed, he’s a threat to crib it every time he touches it.
Why the Jaguars can win: Defense. The Jaguars allowed 38 points last week, but most of those points came from their own offense. If Westmoore’s offense doesn’t hurt itself, the Jaguars have one of the best defensive units in District 6A-2. In four district games, excluding last week’s loss to Edmond North, Westmoore only allowed 26 points. That’s barely a touchdown per game.
Scott’s key matchup: PC vs. the scoreboard. Regardless of what Curtis does, this game could very possibly come down to the PC defense. Opponents have scored 121 points on the Pirates the last three weeks, but their defense is better than that. Still, they need to get back on track, create turnovers and limit the Jaguars’ big plays.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients