SMQ: Everything goes right for Westmoore
Time to break down the 30-6 Westmoore victory over Putnam City in the Saturday Morning Quarterback:
Westmoore breakdown: This was my first time to see the Jags, and it was very impressive. Cody Feuerborn runs hard for a 175-pound guy. Heck, he runs hard for a 195-pound guy. The offense was running smoothly, chruning out tough yards, hitting the occasional big play at the right time, and keeping drives alive to milk the clock and keep the Pirates off the field.
Defensively the front four are as good as I’ve seen in person this season. Granted, I haven’t seen everyone, but the Jags were impressive. PC came in averaging 36 points and 352 yards per game and finished with six points and 282 yards — 78 of which came on one play. So on the 47 other plays, PC had barely 200 yards and no points.
DE Tyler Newton has D-I size and athletic ability. He’s getting serious looks from a number of programs, though he says he hasn’t scheduled any official visits yet.
At 4-1 in District 6A-1, the Jags are still in the hunt for a home playoff berth, with Mustang and Lawton left on the schedule — both on the road. Next week’s game at Mustang will be interesting. Coach Billy Langford admitted he’s very excited about the idea of playing the team he helped coach the last four seasons.
Langford was the Broncos’ offensive line coach and also coached running backs while he was there, so he knows the offense well. It’ll be a matchup of strength vs. strength with high stakes.
PC breakdown: Casey Curtis had 183 yards and he earned them all. He was getting hit behind the line of scrimmage, or dodging guys three yards deep. The Westmoore defense was making it tough on the Pirates all night, disrupting run plays and flushing Caleb Lee out of the pocket on pass plays.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients