Mid-Del: Playoff synopsis...
By Robert Przybylo
Two games left. Where do the Bombers, Eagles and Titans stand?
Midwest City (8-0, 5-0)
Games remaining: at Lawton Eisenhower, at Norman North
Prognosis: Pretty dang good. A win against Ike clinches the district. A loss, and we could be looking at a three-way district point thing with MWC, Ike and Yukon.
Think Friday’s battle with the Eagles is going to be the toughest game of the season for Midwest City. On the road against a team that is peaking right now. Whew, gonna be fun.
Del City (3-5, 2-3)
Games remaining: vs. US Grant, vs. Mustang
Prognosis: It will all hinge on the battle with the Broncos. Last year the Eagles lost their last two games of the year and missed out.
This year? Well, Del City might be able to win its final three games and finish strong. Though most likely, the Eagles would still need a little help and an Edmond North loss.
Carl Albert (6-2, 4-1)
Games remaining: at Deer Creek, vs. Noble
Prognosis: Week 9 will determine its fate. A win at Deer Creek, and the Titans assure themselves of a second-place finish. Not much of a chance to win the district unless Guthrie loses both of its final two games.
Titans are in good position, though.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients