Private schools: Playoff synopsis...
By Robert Przybylo
Two games left. Where do the Irish, Chargers and Cyclones stand?
Heritage Hall (8-0, 4-0)
Games remaining: at Bethany, vs. Kingfisher
Prognosis: Not too shabby. A Chargers win against the Bronchos will clinch the district championship (I think). I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s right.
The biggest question is the healthy of Barry J. Sanders. He needs to get healthy here down the stretch run. Biggest plus for this team is they’re going be incredibly fresh.
Bishop McGuinness (5-3, 3-2)
Games remaining: vs. Cache, at Guymon
Prognosis: Pretty good. Can still earn a district title through some insane scenarios. Most likely looking at either a second or third-place finish.
Like I said last week the good thing for Irish fans is they went through the ringer early. Now they can watch the rest of the district beat itself up.
Game remaining: vs. Holland Hall
Prognosis: N/A. Cyclones are playing for pride this week against one of their biggest rivals. It won’t mean much to this year’s three seniors, but next year’s Casady team is going to be very very good.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients