Edlam: Santa Fe vs. North Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Edlam: Santa Fe (1-7) at North (3-5)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: UCO’s Wantland Stadium (I’ll be there)
Santa Fe (L- Memorial; L – Yukon; L – Midwest City; L – Westmoore; L – Lawton; L – Mustang; W – US Grant; L – Del City)
Why the Wolves can win: Because much like last year, Santa Fe is starting to find its groove late in the season. The defense has given up 14 points in the last two weeks, while quarterback Ty Hensley had made tremendous strides.
This is Edlam. This is what we play for.” – wide receiver Patrick Hinton
North (L – Southmoore; W- Choctaw; L – Memorial; W – Del City; L – Mustang; L- Putnam City; W – Westmoore; L- Lawton)
Why the Huskies can win: Because the offense should give Santa Fe fits. The balance of the running game and passing game is incredibly tough to match. And the defense will be fired up after what happened at Lawton.
This is our final shot. We weren’t able to beat Memorial but to beat Santa Fe two years in a row would be a nice way to end things.” – quarterback Travis Townsend
Key matchup: Santa Fe running game vs. North front seven. How do you stop a balanced offense? Don’t let them touch the ball. The Wolves have lot of running backs in their arsenal, and we should see them all.
The pick: Edmond North 19, Santa Fe 10. I can’t see a high-scoring game here, but I think the Huskies win pretty comfortably despite the low score.
Boneman’s Santa Fe prediction record: 7-1.
Boneman’s North prediction record: 5-3.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients