Game preview: Lawton at Putnam City
Lawton (8-0, 5-0) at Putnam City (5-3, 2-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Putnam City Stadium
Why Lawton could win: This team is still in the mix for the title of best of the west, and it’s primarily because of their defense. The offense still has plenty of weapons and there are athletes all over the field — enough to match the Pirates’ team speed.
Why PC could win: Last week has to be sticking with this team in a bad way, and they should be desperate to get back on the field and erase that feeling. Casey Curtis is averaging 173 yards per game for the season, and he’s a big play waiting to happen. The passing game had an offf week against Westmoore and will need to bounce back.
Key matchup: PC O-line vs. Lawton defensive front. The Pirates had some struggles up front last week against Westmoore, and Lawton will put even more pressure on the blockers, especially with their talent at linebacker.
The pick: Lawton 21, PC 7. Westmoore held the Pirates to a TD, and Lawton’s defense is statistically better than the Jags, so it looks like tough going for PC.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients