Game preview: Westmoore at Mustang
By Justin Hite and Scott Wright
Westmoore Jaguars (5-3, 4-1) at Mustang (6-2, 4-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Bronco Stadium, Mustang
Why the Jaguars can win: Defense. There aren’t many teams in Class 6A that allow fewer points than the Jaguars. Loaded with one of the best front seven in 6A, Westmoore has only allowed more than six points once in the last five weeks.
Quote: “The winner of this one will host a home playoff game for sure. After that, if we get a win this week, we’re playing for a district title next week.” — Westmoore coach Billy Langford.
Why the Broncos can win: Offense. Obviously, this is a battle of strengths, and typically, you’d rather have the good defense. But Mustang has been in this situation a ton over the last half-dozen years. Offensively, they’re not going to feel pressure to go out and score. It’s been a while since Westmoore has faced an offense that scores at the pace of Mustang.
Justin’s key matchup: Trevor Thompson vs. Broncos’ defense. More than any other team, Westmoore’s success is predicated on how well Thompson plays. If he turns the ball over, the Jaguars have no chance. If he protects it, Westmoore has a shot any week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients