Midwest City vs. Lawton Eisenhower Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Midwest City (8-0) at Lawton Eisenhower (6-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Cameron Stadium
Midwest City (W – Del City; W – Enid; W – Santa Fe; W – Yukon; W – PCNorth; W – Moore; W – Choctaw; W – Memorial)
Why the Bombers can win: Because the defense is going to be challenged again. I don’t wanna say the defense has been bored the last three weeks, but they’re itchin’ to get a chance to show how good they are again.
There is a lot of pride in this defense. We’ve heard a lot about this team, but we wanna show them what we’re all about.” – Trevon Lewis
Why the Eagles can win: Because I’ve shortchanged them all season. Eisenhower has a lot more speed than I gave them credit for, starting with Adrian McDonald and Louis Durant. Playing at home should help, too.
Key matchup: Ike running game vs. Midwest City defense. Eisenhower has been able to stay patient with the running game and wear down teams late and make big plays. That’s a good recipe for success. Will it happen vs. this defense?
The pick: Midwest City 37, Lawton Ike 32. Gut feeling says this game sees more scoring than one might anticipate. That’s OK for MWC, too, as it has a lot of offensive weapons and can compete in a shootout.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients