Mid-Del honor: Midwest City defense...
By Robert Przybylo
Oh baby, what a performance. I picked Midwest City to win. I picked 37-32, but I was extremely unsure about the selection. I thought the long bus ride combined with a fired up Lawton Eisenhower team was going to prove to be an extremely difficult task for the Bombers.
They showed me and made their most impressive statement of the season. Sparked by that stellar defense, Midwest City blanked Lawton Ike 28-0 at Cameron Stadium.
Eisenhower was held to less than 200 yards of offense. Midwest City picked off two passes and recovered a fumble. The Bombers were up 21-0 at halftime and never let their guard down in clinching the district championship.
James Flanders, Midwest City, Football: Another big night for the junior as Flanders had three rushing touchdowns. It got better Saturday as older brother John picked off a pass in the end zone to cement Tulsa’s win over Notre Dame.
Greg Johnson and Adrian Fletcher, Del City, Football: Each had a pair of rushing touchdowns as the Eagles blanked US Grant.
Carl Albert rushing game and offensive line: Darvonta Knight, Kenton Whittington and Tank Richmond all scored rushing touchdowns as Titans rushed for more than 300 yards in big road win at Deer Creek.
Shameka Sanders, Del City, Cross Country: Only Eagle runner at the state meet last week and did pretty well, placing 18th.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients