Game preview: Choctaw at PC North
Choctaw (3-6, 2-4) at Putnam City North (3-6, 2-4)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Putnam City Stadium
Why the Yellowjackets could win: Until the second half vs. Yukon got out of control, Choctaw had been playing well the last couple weeks. They beat Norman North to keep themselves alive in the playoff race at the time. They were right there with the Millers until shooting htemselves in the foot a couple times. After a rough stretch in the middle of the season, Choctaw has been playing better of late.
Why the Panthers could win: It’s win or go home time for the Panthers, and there’s no better motivation. The run-pass threat is as good as it’s been all season. The defense had a rough week against Moore last Friday, but in general, that’s been a good unit. Bob Wilson is an excellent motivator, and I think that will show through this week.
Key matchup: Tanner Hessman vs. PC North DBs. Hessman is a run-pass threat at QB and the Panther secondary had a rocky performance against Moore last week. They’ll need to bounce back with a better showing Friday and keep the ‘Jackets one-dimensional. But if Hessman can hit some big plays through the air, the Panthers will be in for another shootout.
The pick: PC North 24, Choctaw 21. I think the Panthers will slow it down and pound the run game with Sam Wolfe and Dre Holman to control the clock and grind out the victory they must have — then hope for wins by Yukon and Midwest City to seal up their playoff spot.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients