Lawton Ike vs. Moore Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Lawton Ike (6-3) at Moore Lions (0-9)
When: 7 p.m. Thursday
Where: Moore Schools Stadium
Lawton Ike (6-3)
Why the Eagles can win: Adrian McDonald. He will be one of the most dynamic players on the field Thursday. He has thrown for more than 700 yards and run for 900. He’s scored 14 touchdowns, but his running mate — running back Louis Durant — has 15.
Why the Lions can win: No better time. The Lions are not only playing their best football of the season, but they don’t have another chance to win after this week. The Lions have gotten better and better the last three weeks. Moore played with a playoff team last week. Can they beat one this week?
Quote: “If you’ve shown that you can go play with them, go beat one of them.” — Moore coach Scott Myers said.
Key matchup: Lawton Ike’s running attack vs. Moore Lions defense. The Moore offense has proved it can score, but the defense will be put to the test Thursday. Lawton Ike has three runners with more than 400 yards and two with over 900.
The pick: Lawton Ike 42, Moore 13. The Lions offense got going against potentially playoff-bound Putnam City North, but the Lawton Ike defense is much better. The offense might be a little better too.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5016Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4897Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4295Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients