Game preview: PC West at Southmoore
By Scott Wright and Justin Hite
Putnam City West (1-8) at Southmoore SaberCats (5-4)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Moore Stadium
PC West (1-8)
Why the Patriots can win: One last shot. This senior class has been through a lot, and getting that victory earlier this year was huge for them — and well-deserved. They have one last chance to taste victory, and they want it more than anyone could understand. The Pats will need RB Johnny Smith come back from the ankle injury he suffered last week and be effective.
Why the SaberCats can win: Pursuit of Perfection. It’s the motto Southmoore coach Chris Jensen has used all season and it’s about all the SaberCats have left to play for. Kendal Thompson will be behind center, but running back Andrew Long won’t play because of a high ankle sprain. We’ll see how perfect the SaberCats can be.
Key matchup: Southmoore’s Karltrell Henderson vs. his nerves. Henderson will be thrown into the starting lineup for the first time all season. With Long out, the sophomore has his first chance to shine. He’s been good this season rushing for 670 yards and eight touchdowns. But he’s always been the backup.
Scott’s pick: Sabercats 35, Patriots 12. Southmoore just has too much firepower.
Justin’s pick: Southmoore 37, PC West 7. Southmoore will avoid being .500 for the season, but the offense will be slowed a little because of Long’s absence.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients