Norman vs. Jenks Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
No. 6 Norman (8-1, 5-1) at No. 1 Jenks (9-0, 6-0)
7:30 p.m., Friday, Hunter-Dwelley Stadium, Jenks
Why bother: Norman needs a win and some help to earn the district championship, but this game is crucial to proving the Tigers belong on the same field with the tradition-rich Trojans.
Norman has been anchored by a stingy defense and star junior running back Donovan Roberts. The Tigers responded in a big way after a tough loss at Broken Arrow two weeks ago by scoring a whopping 70 points against Muskogee last week.
For Jenks, a win means another district championship. The Trojans survived their toughest test of the year last week against Broken Arrow.
Quarterback Sawyer Kollmorgen has been among the best players in the state and linebacker Trent Martin anchors a strong defense.
The pick: Jenks 42, Norman 20. The loss will make the Tigers finish third, and they’ll have to begin the playoffs on the road. But Norman will still show it belongs.
How fired up is Jenks after what happened last week? It was still a 16-point win, 23-7, but a lot of people looked at it like it was a loss or that maybe the Trojans aren’t THE dominant team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients