Westmoore vs. Lawton Capsule...
By Justin Hite
Westmoore Jaguars (5-4) at Lawton Wolverines (9-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Why the Jaguars can win: Destiny. Right now, the Jaguars control theirs. Win and the Jaguars have secured the No. 3 seed in the state playoffs. Lose and Westmoore needs some help to stay third. The Jaguars were a game away from playing for the district title this week, so we’ll have to wait and see how well they bounce back.
Why the Wolverines can win: Defense. Even more so than Westmoore, Lawton is pushed to the top of the state by its stout unit. The Wolverines have the best defense in Class 6A. They allow both the fewest points and fewest yards. In fact, they allow the four-fewest points and the 11th fewest yards in the whole state, regardless of class.
Key matchup: Westmoore defense vs. Lawton defense. Sure, these units will never face each other but whichever one is better should lead its team to a victory. Maybe not even that. The Jaguars have to have the better defense to have a shot at the upset.
The pick: Lawton 31, Westmoore 17. Lawton’s defense is just too good. Not to mention, the Wolverines have a few playmakers on offense too.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients