Guthrie: Kentrell Brothers to announce commitment Wednesday...
By Robert Przybylo
Guthrie star Kentrell Brothers is ready to end the wait. The senior hasn’t spoken much about the recruiting process since the season has started but said he will announce where he is committing Wednesday.
Brothers entered the year as one of the top prospects in the state. And if possible, he has actually been better than advertised.
Brothers has been one big reason why the Bluejays are one of the favorites to win the Class 5A state championship and why Guthrie earned the District 5A-1 title.
Brothers has 46 receptions for 1,061 yards and 15 touchdowns. Brothers is being recruited on defense, though. He has 77 tackles and 17 sacks.
He has 14 offers from several Big 12, SEC and Pac-10 schools but neither Oklahoma nor Oklahoma State have offered the Bluejays star.
The announcement will happen on GuthrieSportsPage.com. Chris Evans does a phenomenal job of running the site. Brothers e-mailed this morning to let me know. Hey, he’s got loyalty to Evans, nothing wrong with that.
If I had to pick, I’d say Brothers will be going to Missouri. Gut feeling on that. The Tigers have shown tremendous interest in Brothers the entire way. Just speculating, though. We’ll find out Wednesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients