Edmond honor: Gavin Fouts, Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
At 10:30 p.m. Friday, I thought for sure I had my Edmond Player of the Week. There was no way anybody could top the effort I had just witnessed from Deer Creek’s Alex Christensen.
You could make the argument it wasn’t topped, but with the whole season on the line, Memorial’s Gavin Fouts came up with the game of his life.
I had a feeling it would be his night. I mentioned him as the player to watch in the key matchup, but I never thought he would do what he did.
Fouts ended up with 163 rushing yards, a touchdown and most importantly on this night, two interceptions in the second half to give the Bulldogs a 38-21 win at Yukon to send them to the postseason.
That’s how you clinch a playoff spot. I’ll be there Thursday against Lawton.
Alex Christensen, Deer Creek: He was incredible. Running around and through tacklers all night in rushing for three touchdowns in a 31-28 win against Ada.
Jesse Mathews, North: Huskies were supposed to dominate US Grant, and they did. Mathews threw for two touchdowns and rushed for another to help North to a first-round date at Yukon.
Patrick Hinton, Santa Fe: He’s been a heckuva wide receiver all season, and he was able to score his first touchdown of the season in the last game as the Wolves finished a disappointing 1-9.
Kameron Doolittle, Memorial: Back to 100 percent is Memorial’s stud. He rushed for 156 yards and two touchdowns in the come-from-behind win.
Jarion Tudman, North: Notched another two rushing touchdowns but must find a way to not put the ball on the ground.
Brennan Miyake, Deer Creek: Definitely deserves some mention. Saved the game with his interception in the final minute.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients