Moore honor: Karltrell Henderson, Southmoore...
By Justin Hite
With junior running back Andrew Long out of action for Southmoore’s regular season finale, some might though the SaberCats’ ground game would take a hit.
Running back Karltrell Henderson made anyone watching think otherwise. On Friday night against Putnam City West, he rushed for 344 yards on only 18 carries and scored three times.
In his final two games, Henderson rushed 42 times for 530 yards — more than a 10-yard per carry average — and scored six times.
Henderson is just a sophomore and gives Southmoore a great running back duo for next season behind quarterback Tre Edwards.
Others in consideration:
Kendal Thompson, Southmoore football: Thompson made his final game as a high school player a memorable one. Thompson threw four touchdowns on only seven passes. He also ran for 59 yards, the most he’d had in almost two months.
Ricky Balogun, Westmoore football: Balogun led the Jaguars with 14 tackles in a loss to Lawton. He was also a star on special teams, returning two punts for 70 total yards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients