OKC Player of the Week: Aliston Cobb, Douglass
Not only did Aliston Cobb put together a pretty impressive performance in Friday’s rout of Cleveland, the senior running back set some Douglass history.
His nine carries for 199 yards and three touchdowns propelled him to the school single-season record for rushing touchdowns, now with 22 on the year.
On top of that, he’s not far from breaking the school record for rushing yards, held by Quinton Neil at 1,648.
Cobb is at 1,598 yards, averaging 12.1 yards per carry for the season, so he’s likely to bust the record before halftime next week against Elk City.
His performance wasn’t the only impressive outing from the Trojans last Friday. QB Shon Bridges completed all nine of his pass attempts for 175 yards and three touchdowns. Donnell Ward caught five balls for 150 and three scores. RB Diontay Washington got two carries and went for 52 yards. Jas’Sen Stoner had 13 tackles, while Erik King and Cayman Bundage had 10 tackles and two sacks apiece.
In all, it was a strong showing for the Trojans as they head into the playoffs, trying to finish what they started last season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients