Three things we learned in Tulsa area: Week 10...
The Tulsa World’s Matt Baker is back with his look at Week 10 and beyond.
After watching Jenks dominate Norman in a 38-14 win, I relearned something I’ve known for weeks – the Trojans are winning state. Convincingly. Period. End of story.
Here are some less obvious things we learned in Week 10:
1. Don’t count out Berryhill. Class 3A runs through Cascia Hall and Heritage Hall (Boneman’s note: But they’ll only possibly meet in semis). But don’t forget about the Chiefs, who went to the state title game last season.
Berryhill is better than its 5-5 record. For proof, check out what it did Friday in a playoff-type atmosphere. The Chiefs needed a win over Kellyville to make the postseason. No problem – Berryhill won 41-19.
Injuries have been a major problem with the Chiefs, resulting in a couple losses. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Berryhill knock off Metro Christian this week.
2. Booker T. Washington rules 5A. (Boneman’s note: Rafe Watkins’ Guthrie squad would like a word with ya). The Hornets corralled a previously unbeaten McAlester team in a 49-18 win. The most remarkable part was BTW’s defense, which held a high-powered offense to less than 300 yards of offense. Quarterback Tony Kiefer was 15-of-35 passing. BTW has shut out opponents in five of its last seven games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients