LOCK: Mustang bounces back vs. Lawton Ike, 45-33...
By Robert Przybylo
Giving up 52 points is definitely alarming, but something tells me that Mustang is going to be able to bounce back in the first round against Lawton Eisenhower.
I can’t get a good feel about the Eagles. Are they more like the team that shut out Edmond Memorial 35-0? Or are they more like the team that was blanked by Midwest City 28-0? Or (most likely) are they a combination of the two? A team with great promise but also with some flaws.
I’ve been a fan of RB Louis Durant for a long time, dating back to a scrimmage at Edmond Santa Fe when he was a junior. The health of QB Adrian McDonald is a concern. Ya figure he should be back, but the Broncos might be able to touch him up.
But the real reason I’m picking Mustang is because of David Glidden. I just don’t see him going out with a home playoff loss. QB Brandon Taylor has put up ginormous numbers. Some might say he’s just a product of what the Broncos do, but you still need to execute.
Glidden can make a play in so many different ways. He can be receiver, defensive back, returner and is dynamic in all three positions.
Also think this has to be a pride issue with that defense. Everybody (myself included) always says it’s just a track meet between Mustang and whoever it’s playing. The games will end at 11 p.m. because there is no pretense of defense in their games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients