Three Qs: Westmoore vs. Midwest City...
By Robert Przybylo and Justin Hite
Westmoore (5-5) at Midwest City (10-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Rose Field at Jim Darnell Stadium, MWC (Justin will be there)
Robert Przybylo: The Jaguars could have won the district championship with wins vs. Mustang and Lawton. How have back-to-back blowout losses changed things, if at all?
Justin Hite: Coach Billy Langford said Monday that he hopes they learn from it. After Westmoore beat Putnam City, Langford said that all the praise that the Jaguars received might have gone to some of their heads. They might have started reading their own press clippings. Westmoore will never win if it hurts itself. The Jags hurt themselves the last two weeks, so we’ll see if that puts a spotlight on one simple fact — protect the football.
Przybylo: Running back Cody Feuerborn is such a big part of this offense. If he’s not producing, where is Westmoore going to find yards and points?
Hite: We’ll have to find out, because that’s the ultimate question after Feuerborn missed last week a a knee injury. He should be back by Friday, but receiver Daulton Craig could miss Friday’s game. He was injured against Mustang and didn’t register a catch against Lawton. Quarterbacks Lionard Fombe and Trevor Thompson can both run, but Fombe has given the Jaguars’ offense a spark since returning form injury. Fombe’s twin brother, Lionel, has shown some ability at receiver, but without Craig the Jags lack a go-to option.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients