Edmond Memorial vs. Lawton Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Edmond Memorial (7-3) at Lawton (10-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
Where: Cameron Stadium, Lawton (I’ll be there)
Memorial (W- Santa Fe; W – Stillwater; W – EdNorth; L – PCNorth; W – Moore; W – Choctaw; L – Lawton Ike; L – Midwest City; W – Norman North; W – Yukon)
Why the Bulldogs can win: Because they’re riding high after that emotional win at Yukon. They came of age in that game. Overcoming a big early hole to rally when everything was on the line. This offense has a lot more versatility than what it had in Weeks 2 and 3, and it’s tough to contain it all.
I really can’t say enough about the heart of our kids. Our backs were against the wall, and they all responded.” – coach Justin Merideth
Why the Wolverines can win: Because it sure seems like this team has just been biding time until the playoffs start. The Wolverines won the big district game all the way back in Week 4 against Mustang. The defense is exceptional, giving up nine points per game. The offense has found its way with QB Brandon Bartlett.
Key matchup: Lawton running game vs. Memorial defense. This should be the night that Deaquan Wojciechowski takes over. And this might be the game where Memorial is going to feel the loss of LB Jeremy Langston the most.
The pick: Lawton 26, Memorial 21. I would prob pick the Bulldogs against any No. 2 seed, but it was a tough luck of the draw to have Lawton in the first round. Randy Breeze’s team has been waiting for this moment and won’t fall at home.
Boneman’s Memorial prediction record: 7-3.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients