Westmoore: Offensive production a key vs. MWC...
By Justin Hite
Westmoore (5-5) vs. Midwest City (10-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Rose Field at Jim Darnell Stadium
There may be nothing more important for Westmoore this Friday than keeping hold of the ball. Well…coach Billy Langford says there’s one thing that might be more important.
“It’s more important than just hanging on to the ball,” he said. “We have to do something with it when we get it. If we can do that and keep their offensive guys off the field and score a few points along the way it should be good game.”
Westmoore’s offense has slumped the last two weeks, scoring only 14 combined points. Two weeks ago, Westmoore lost No. 1 receiver Daulton Craig, who hasn’t returned. Last week, running back Cody Feuerborn missed the loss to Lawton because of a knee injury.
If the Jaguars want to keep the ball and do more than just run three plays and kick it back to Midwest City, they’ll have to have at least Feuerborn back.
“It’s going to be really important to keep their offense off the field, keep driving ourselves down and eat up as much of the clock as we can,” Feuerborn said. “Play smart and hold on to it and keep the drives going. Only long drives, no short drives.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3632How to help tornado victims
- 3582Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3172Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients