Duncan vs. Carl Albert Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Duncan (5-5) vs. Carl Albert (8-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jim Harris Field, CA (I’ll be there)
Why the Demons can win: It won’t be easy, that’s for sure. This team has suffered some bumps and bruises and the loss of Domonique Petties. In its biggest challenges, Jim Holloway’s boys have fallen just short.
Carl Albert (L- BTWashington; W – Ardmore; W – Duncan; W – Western Heights; W – El Reno; W – Southeast; L – Guthrie; W – Ada; W – Deer Creek; W – Noble)
Why the Titans can win: Because like every other Gary Rose-coached team, this club is peaking at exactly the right the right time. Haven’t we seen this script before? CA was dominant at Duncan in Week 3. The team is a little different, but it’s still extremely effective.
Key matchup: Carl Albert running game vs. Duncan defense. Gets old, doesn’t it, just talking about the running game? It’s true, though. Gimme that collection of backs (Taylor Hawkins, Kenton Whittington, Darvonta Knight) and that powerful O-line, and I’ma win a lot of games…including this one.
The pick: Carl Albert 52, Duncan 10. It would take a major case of stage fright from Hawkins for this to swing the other way. Titans roll to set up showdown with Tulsa East Central.
Boneman’s Titans prediction record: 9-1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients