FMQ: Deaquan Wojciechowski, defense too much for Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
Great way to kick off the postseason Thursday night from Lawton. Good game that belonged more in at least the quarterfinals but dems the breaks, you know?
Lawton 28, Edmond Memorial 13 – my story on the game.
Boneman’s Breakdown (extended edition)
- Five best players on the field: Richard Sheridan, Jabral Johnson, Tyrequek Zimmerman and Deaquan Wojciechowski for Lawton. Kameron Doolittle for Memorial.
- To me that shows how much the Bulldogs club was a team. Because athletically, the Wolverines had the edge. But until midway through the fourth quarter, it was 21-13 and Memorial was driving.
- Speaking of which, turnovers turned the tide in this one. Carter Grigg caught an INT at the 5 yard line in the first half. Then Ry Huff fumbled inside the 25-yard line when it was 21-13. All told, Memorial had four turnovers (2 picks, 2 fumbles). Cannot win on the road with a -4 in the TO department.
- This game turned early in the second quarter. With Doolittle out after receiving a huge hit, Johnson disrupted Huff’s game. He played the option so well on back-to-back plays that both pitches were fumbles. Bulldogs ended up punting from the back of the end zone, and Wojciechowski took it 39 yards for a score to make it 21-7.
- Johnson was the best defensive player in the first half. Sheridan dominated the second half. A couple of sacks, a fumble recovery, he was everywhere.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients