Game preview: Lawton Ike at Mustang
Lawton Eisenhower (7-3) at Mustang (7-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Bronco Stadium, Mustang
Why Ike could win: The Ike run game is dangerous, and that’s been one area of success for opponents against Mustang. The Broncos are allowing nearly 190 yards per game, compared to around 150 through the air. So if Louis Durant can get going, the Eagles should put up some points. The health of QB Adrian McDonald is still a question.
Why Mustang could win: Regardless of what the opposing offense does, there aren’t many who can keep up with the points the Broncos can put on the board. Forgetting last week, which had little meaning for the Broncos, they’re moving the ball incredibly well of late.
Key matchup: Durant vs. Mustang linebackers. Regardless of whether McDonald can go, the Eagles will need Durant to move the ball on the ground. Speed will be crucial for Mustang’s linebackers, and the safeties will need to help in run support as well.
The pick: Mustang 41, Ike 38. I think it’ll be a shootout down to the final gun.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients