OKC Player of the Week: Millwood's Shevin Patton
The Millwood Falcons are just warming up. Last Friday’s 51-28 win over OCS was just the start of what has the look of a dominant playoff run. And here’s what makes the win scary: Falcon RB Shevin Patton carried the ball seven times for 211 yards and three touchdowns — TDs of 73, 6 and 75 yards.
Patton had an ankle injury that slowed him for a few weeks early in the season, and the blowout victories has sent the starters to the sidelines early in a lot of games. But he’s had a few really good games, and that will be a key as the opponents get tougher.
We know the Falcons have the talent in the passing game, but they have proven they’ve got the weapons to run it more than effectively, too.
Aliston Cobb, Ian Robinson, Douglass linemen: Cobb broke the Douglass single-season rushing record, now at 1,832 with 25 touchdowns on the season. Robinson had a crucial interception returned for a touchdown. But the game was won in the trenches, where the Trojan O-line powered the run game, and the defensive line came through with six sacks. They’ve got a tough week ahead against a big, physical Oologah team this week.
Brandon Swindall, Kevonte Richardson, Millwood O-line: Swindall came up with two more interceptions — 15 on the year — and returned another for a TD, making eight in all. He also caught TD passes of 36 and 77 yards. Richardson threw two TD passes and rushed for another. And the offensive line powered the Falcons to 472 rushing yards on just 39 carries.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients