Bridge Creek, Heritage Hall two years later...
By Robert Przybylo
Bridge Creek (8-2) at Heritage Hall (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Pop Murray Memorial Field (I’ll be there)
We’ve come full circle, no? These same two teams met at Heritage Hall two years ago. The Chargers blew out the Bobcats en route to the 2A championship.
But what’s incredibly odd is the leaders of that Bridge Creek team are STILL the stars of this year’s club. And they’re hungry and confident.
“They do a great job of hitting you early and getting you out of your game plan,” Heritage Hall coach Andy Bogert said. “You blink, and you’re down 21-0.”
Health is the biggest question for the Chargers. Sterling Shepard is battling a hip-flexor. Barry J. Sanders has the foot problem and is one of six players battling the flu for Heritage.
It all adds up to thinking Heritage is ripe for an upset. Bridge Creek has an offense that you can’t really defend for.
Who has a 6-8 quarterback that can move like Ryan Spangler on their roster? Who has receivers like Caden Locke and Josh Pershica?
The Charger injuries actually hurt more on defense than anything else because it’s led to some young kids having to step up in the secondary.
This should be a fun one, and I’m not just saying that because I will be there. If Bridge Creek can match the speed of the Chargers, Friday night gets that much more interesting.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients