Newcastle: Very familiar with Sheldon Wilson...
By Robert Przybylo
Newcastle (8-3) at Anadarko (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Anadarko HS
If you’ve never seen Anadarko before, you are rightfully wowed by what junior running back Sheldon Wilson is able to do.
But if you’re Newcastle, um, it’s just another game. Not just because the Racers have seen talents such as Heritage Hall RB Barry J. Sanders, but it’s because they’ve seen Wilson grow up.
For years, the Racers and Warriors had played in the same district so coach Keith Bolles knows exactly what to expect from Wilson. He’s never had a bad game, and Wilson now has a ridiculous 40 touchdowns this year.
I was extremely impressed with how this Newcastle team bounced back after the 56-14 drubbing vs. Heritage Hall and the heartbreaking 42-40 OT loss to Tulsa NOAH.
“They never got down on themselves,” Bolles said. “I give those seniors a lot of credit. They stepped up.”
Since then, it’s been one big win after another. Halftime adjustments turned a 14-7 lead against Prague into a comfortable victory vs. the Red Devils.
Newcastle, of course, has a pretty dang good running back of its own in Blake Riojas. Should be a good one.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6117Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 5969Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients