Coweta vs. Guthrie Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Coweta (9-2) at Guthrie (10-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jelsma Stadium
Why the Tigers can win: Coach Bubba Burcham was pretty pumped about this team entering the year, and now we know why. The defense has been exceptional in the last month, led by Deontay Wilson. It was the defense that carried the day at the goal line against Bishop Kelley last week.
Why the Bluejays can win: Because right now, I don’t know what the strength of the team is…and that’s a good thing. Is it the incredible defense, especially against the rush? Is it the incredible accuracy of sophomore quarterback Bryan Dutton? Or is it simply the overall threat of Kentrell Brothers? You’re not wrong no matter what you say.
Coweta is an extremely physical team, and they’re a team that is going to be able to adapt to whatever the situation is.” – coach Rafe Watkins
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5447Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5142Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 5023Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients