Deer Creek vs. Booker T. Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Deer Creek (8-3) at Booker T. Washington (10-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Why the Antlers can win: Because there is no question this team is playing their best ball at exactly the right time. The question is whether their best game can beat a team as talented and versatile as the Hornets.
Eight teams left. Three weeks. Three games. That’s what we’re looking at. We don’t care who we have to play. It’s up to us.” – coach Grant Gower
Why the Hornets can win: Because this team is the scariest group of kids on paper. From Jordy Albert to Isaac Bennett to Tyler Locket to Derrick Alexander and everybody else in between, Darrell Hall stepped into the right situation.
Key matchup: Deer Creek’s ball control. Keep the Hornets off the field, and the Antlers might have a shot. Gonna have to play the perfect game, no turnovers, no missed FGs, etc. Big game for the O-line and Alex Christensen, Luke Bradshaw, Michael Coleman and Brennan Miyake.
The pick: Booker T. 30, Deer Creek 16. Toughest challenge yet for the Antlers, and they’ll fall a little short.
Boneman’s Antlers prediction record: 11-0.
Boneman’s Hornets prediction record: 11-0.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients