Jones vs. Davis Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Jones (9-2) at Davis (9-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Davis HS (wish I could be there)
Why the Longhorns can win: Because this team has played with a chip on its shoulder all year after what happened last year. A minor hiccup vs. Perkins in Week 1 led to a change in intensity and philosophy. Since then, what more could you ask for from this team? Michael Lowe has been great at QB, and it has had great balance all around.
We’re as healthy as we possibly can be. This is a huge challenge, but we’re glad we’re in this type of game. This is great for the program.” – coach Dave Martin
Why the Wolves can win: Because all year Jody Weber’s club has played like the second best team in 2A, maybe even the best. It’s not just the winning tradition, but it’s the formula that has worked all through this season, too. A loss to Heritage Hall (with Barry J. Sanders and Sterling Shepard healthy) is nothing to be ashamed of.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients