Westmoore: Cody Feuerborn selfless leader...
Justin’s got you covered on everything you need to know before the showdown between Westmoore and Owasso.
By Justin Hite
Senior running back Cody Feuerborn has been the most important part of Westmoore’s offense this season. He’s carried it as few as six times in one game, but as many as 40 to start the season. He’s scored in seven of the ten games he’s played in this season and gone over 250 yards twice.
“He’s been a workhorse for us,” Westmoore coach Billy Langford said. “However many times we ask him to carry it, he’ll do it. From the first game for 50-some times, he’ll handle whatever we need him to.”
The Jaguars (6-5) will need Feuerborn to be their workhorse once again. Facing Owasso (7-4) this week in the Class 6A quarterfinals, Westmoore will need to keep control of the ball.
Feuerborn has rushed for 1,095 yards and 13 touchdowns.
The secondary has always been the weak link of the Westmoore Jaguars’ defense. It’s not because they aren’t strong, it’s because the Jaguars’ front seven are exceptional.
Defensive backs coach Joseph Ross thinks the back four are starting to catch up. It’s because of an ever-growing comfort level.
“I think that they’ve learned to rely on each other a little bit more as the year goes on and kind of trust one another to be in the right place at the right time,” Ross said. “… I think we’ve developed a little bit of cohesion and they are playing good now.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4237Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 4076Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3649Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients