Edmond honor: Travis Townsend, North...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, the crazy, uneven season for Edmond North finally came to an end Friday at Union. I swear this team had me scratching my head all season.
Some games I thought it would win, it wouldn’t. Then I’d think they’d lose, and they wouldn’t. Kept me on my toes all year.
And leading that charge was senior QB Travis Townsend. This offense isn’t really built for Townsend to rack up insane offensive numbers. But when he was on, he was extremely efficient.
Townsend threw a touchdown pass in the 58-17 loss to the Redskins. More importantly, the Huskies can build off of this after reaching the quarterfinals.
Alex Christensen, Deer Creek: Ever the workhorse to the end. Christensen rushed for 70 yards, but it wasn’t enough in a 23-0 loss at Booker T.
Troy Davis, North: Davis, a transfer from Western Heights, will have one more year with the Huskies. He scored the team’s other touchdown vs. Union.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients